Abigail Brown is a character in The Third Wheel and Hard Luck. Rowley hooked Greg up with Abigail for the school's valentine's day dance, after hearing that her date, Michael Sampson, had "family obligations".
In The Third Wheel
Rowley and Abigail take a shine to each other on the way to dinner, and Greg tries to make sure that Abigail doesn't run off with Rowley by telling her that Rowley wasn't trying to be funny when he asked Abigail if he wanted a sip of a drink he'd been drinking.
In the middle of the dance, Michael Sampson comes in with Cherie Bellanger, and Abigail starts crying because she found that family obligations story was a lie and that Michael broke up with her. After she goes to wash her face, Greg invites her to dance, but Greg freaks out when he sees a pimple on Abigail's face, and thinks that it's chicken pox.
It is later mentioned by Greg that Abigail does run off with Rowley. This leads Greg to say that Rowley is the worst wingman ever if it was true, thus screwing him over of his date.
In The Hard Luck
Abigail is the main antagonist in Hard Luck. She and Rowley are revealed to be a couple in this book. This causes Rowley to start behaving differently much to the disdain of Greg. By the end of the book, Abigail breaks up with Rowley and gets back together with Michael, who broke up with Cherie.
It's implied that the only reason Abigail was dating Rowley was to make Michael jealous. But it's unknown why she'd want to get back together with Michael after he cheated on her.
- Abigail has a tendancy to cry a lot.
- It is unknown exactly why Michael cheated on her.
- Abigail wore a very puffy dress to the Valentine's Day dance.
- Her father is shown to be a State Trooper.
- Abigail is shown to have poor manners when she orders the most expensive item at Corny's and barely eating it at Greg's expense and when she dates Rowley just to make Michael jealous.
- Abigail has had at least two boyfriends: Michael Sampson and Rowley Jefferson.
- Despite this, she only dated Rowley to make Michael jealous.
- Abigail serves as the main antagonist of Hard Luck.
- She has only said one line in dialogue in the entire series (in the illustrations by Greg).
- Abigail shows an extreme disliking to Greg throughout her relationship with Rowley, and caused Rowley to change a lot for her own bidding.