|Actor||Chloë Grace Moretz|
- "This place is an intellectual wasteland."
- Angie Steadman
Angie Steadman is a character that appeared exclusively only in the movie. She is a seventh grader who works for the school paper. She is a edgy intellectual individual. You can tell this because she reads books and stands at a slight angle to emphasize her sassy nature. Much like Greg and Rowley, She is shown to be very intelligent. Throughout the school year, Angie gives Greg and Rowley information about the workings of middle school, which she believes was created to store kids while they make the awkward transition between children to teenagers so they don't have to look at you. She also became a temporary friend to Rowley until he met Collin in the movie. At some points she is a minor enemy to Greg. This is when she makes friends with Rowley and when she teases Greg for rejecting the school paper and signing up for safety patrol. Although at one point she is a "major" enemy. She took a picture of Greg when Greg got beaten up by Patty and put it in the school newspaper then came up to Greg teasing him about the picture.
She appears to have straight hair and wears a beret. She wears a long sleeved shirt with a long striped skirt that covers her knees and boots. She mainly has blonde hair with a little streak of red hair.
- She is one of the few characters who does not appear in the books.
- While she isn't featured in the books, a drawing of her appears in the credits in the DoaWK art style.
- Although she appeared in the first movie, she does not appear in the following sequels: Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules and Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days.
- ↑ Due to the reason that she is a grade above Greg, she has to be at least a year older then Greg.