This article contains major plot spoilers! READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!
Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Meltdown is the 13th book in the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series. It is scheduled to be released on October 30th, 2018.
- Greg Heffley
- Manny Heffley
- Rodrick Heffley
- Frank Heffley
- Susan Heffley
- Rowley Jefferson
- The Heffleys' Pig 
When snow shuts down Greg Heffley's middle school, his neighborhood transforms into a wintry battlefield.
Rival groups fight over territory, build massive snow forts, and stage epic snowball fights. And in the crosshairs are Greg and his trusty best friend, Rowley Jefferson.
It's a fight for survival as Greg and Rowley navigate alliances, betrayals, and warring gangs in a neighborhood meltdown.
When the snow clears, will Greg and Rowley emerge as heroes? Or will they even survive to see another day? 
- This is the second purple book. This is the first since The Ugly Truth.
- This is the 13th book in the series.
- This is the third book to not have the word "Diary" in yellow. The first two books are Dog Days and Hard Luck.
- However, this is the first odd-numbered book to not have the word "Diary" in yellow.
- This is the first book to use two different shades of one color. On the top half of the book, it is colored Blue-ish Dark Purple. While on the bottom half of the book, it is colored Red-ish Dark Purple.
- However, the overall color of the book is still Dark Purple, anyway
- This is the second book where the words "of a Wimpy Kid" are in purple. The first is Old School.
- This is the first time the subtitle is colored in a different color other than yellow.
- This is the third time the spine uses two colors (Dark Purple and Oriental Blue). The other two books are Double Down (which uses the following two colors: Red-Orange and Yellow) and The Getaway (which uses these following two colors: Azure and Oriental Green)
- This is the first book since Dog Days to be released in October.
- This is the fourth book to include a reptile-skin design.
- This is also the third book to include the new Amulet logo.
- This is the sixth book to feature Greg's trademark frown.
- This is the third book to have a resemblance to the story on the cover, after Dog Days. As purple and blue are "cool colors".
- This is the fourth book to take place in winter. The first three books are Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Cabin Fever, and The Getaway.
- It's unknown if Fregley will return in this book, but he most likely will not since his character might be retired.