Spineticklers is a series of books that appear in Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Double Down. It has been read by Greg Heffley and other kids at his school. The author of the book is I.M. Spooky and there has at least been 97 books in the franchise. There is a junior series, for Kindergartens, but is read by Rowley Jefferson, because he is too scared to read the regular series. (Although he is still very scared of the junior books, and even wrote a letter to I.M. Spooky about how he wanted the latter to make the books less scary.)
It is based on the Goosebumps books by R.L. Stine and Spinetinglers by M.T. Coffin.
List of Books
- 13 - Zombies for Breakfast
- 23 - The Brain with a Mind of its Own
- 48 - Wake Me Up in the Year 3000
- 67 - My Dentist is the Devil
- 71 - Tails, You Lose
- 97 - My Teacher is a Cannibal
- Junior - Scaredy Cat and the Haunted House
- Knee-Knockers - My Brother is a No-Brainer (Rip-off) By M.T. Grave
- Ribtinglers - The Day My Belly Button Tried to Eat Me! (Rip-off) By R.U. Scared
- The Author's name of Knee Knockers is based on M.T. Coffin.
- Spineticklers #48, Wake Me Up In The Year 3000, is a reference to the animated sitcom Futurama.
- The Spineticklers series is a reference to the Goosebumps & Spingetinglers series.
- The sensation Spineticklers created is similar to the sensation Underpants Bandits created. The series goes widely popular in the whole school, everyone in Greg's class does I.M. Spooky for the author biography project, and the series nearly gets banned for "promoting witchcraft".