There are six areas on the Wimpy Boardwalk map. Five are accessible during the game. The sixth area, Under Boardwalk, isn’t reached until the final part of the game. The areas from left to right on the map are:
- Boardwalk Rides
- Boardwalk Games (Blimp)
- Boardwalk Arcade
- The Beach
- Under Boardwalk
The Set-up Coming out of your Blimp, you land in an area of Wimpy Boardwalk Island called Boardwalk Games. First, talk to Greg, the very skinny kid on your right. Wind will blow his $20 bill out of his hands after you talk to him and into the hands of a mean Big Kid. The Big Kids will run and Greg will take off after them. Rowley, the kid on your left with a t-shirt that reads “I Survived the Cranium Shaker”, will ask you if you can help. Of course you will. The quest has begun!
Head right to the Boardwalk Arcade area and keep going until you see Greg. Talk to Greg, then head right again to an area called The Beach. You just have to enter the Beach area. Then turn around and head back left to the Boardwalk Arcade to find out what happened to the Big Kids and what they’re doing with Greg’s 20 bucks!
Overview In order to get Greg’s 20 bucks back to him, you’ll need to outwit the Big Kids. They’ve taken the $20 bill and are hanging out underneath the Boardwalk Arcade. They’re slipping the bill up between the boards and are pulling it away just as anyone tries to grab it. Jerks! You’ll need to get a crab to hold onto the bill to stop them from pulling it away. To get the crab you’re going to need a REMOTE CONTROLLED HELICOPTER. But the kid with the helicopter won’t let you have it until you can give him a JUMBO PRIZE by beating all five of the Boardwalk Games. And to do that…you’re going to need a LUCKY RABBIT’S FOOT.
Part One: Getting the Lucky Rabbit’s Foot Part Two: Winning the Jumbo Prize Part Three: Airlifting the Crab
- GAME TOKENS - As you walk around the Wimpy Boardwalk, you’ll see Game Tokens lying on the ground. Grab ‘em! You’ll need them later to play the 5 Boardwalk Games. (You’ll be able to collect even more tokens, when you can play the METAL DETECTOR game later.) For now, though, don’t worry about how many you have, just grab them as you see them.
Part One: Getting the Lucky Rabbit’s Foot Head left to the area called Boardwalk Rides. You’ll need to jump over a trash can buzzing with flies. (The entrance to the Fun House is here. You can go in to see that Rowley is in the ball pool and his mother is there looking for him. But there’s nothing to do here now, so head back out to Boardwalk Rides.) Keep going left until you reach a parking lot. There is a woman with a red purse who is looking for her CAR KEYS. It’s up to you to find those keys!
Go back to the right of Boardwalk Rides and click on the cotton candy cart. The clue is that cotton candy is “sweeter than honey”. Now jump onto the Cranium Shaker ride to the left of the cotton candy cart. On one of the cages at the upper right is the TRASH CAN LID (you’ll end up holding it, it won’t go into your backpack). Holding the TRASH CAN LID go to the trash can. You’ll automatically put the LID on it. Next, push the trash can to the cotton candy cart. Click on the LID, then click again on the can.
- Move the Trash - Using your mouse, simply click and drag the objects in the trash can out of the way until you uncover an empty BAG OF POPCORN.
Head left towards popcorn cart. Click on the cart (not the vendor) to fill your BAG OF POPCORN.
Now head right, past the Boardwalk Games and Boardwalk Arcade areas, until you reach an area called The Beach. Just past the Souvenir Keychain Picture vendor is a trash can. Climb up on the trash can. When the seagull flies by, jump up to get the KEYCHAIN PICTURE. See who’s in the picture? It’s the guy with the metal detector on the beach right next to you! He’ll trade the KEYCHAIN PICTURE for his METAL DETECTOR. Head right until you’re standing next to the blonde woman sunbathing on the striped towel. Dump the BAG OF POPCORN near her. Seagulls will come down to eat the popcorn and chase her away. If you don’t chase her away, you can’t get the CAR KEYS in the next part. Now use the METAL DETECTOR to start a game.
- Metal Detector Game - You can use the METAL DETECTOR game to get coins that you can later use to play the Boardwalk Games. But the important item here are the CAR KEYS. To get coins: start at the upper left and slowly sweep the detector back and forth…like the game of Hot and Cold, the light will beep faster when you’re “getting hot” (closer) and slower when you’re “getting colder”. When the light turns green, click on it. To get the CAR KEYS: put the METAL DETECTOR on the striped towel towards the middle and click when the detector light turns green
Now that you’ve got the CAR KEYS, head back left to the Boardwalk Rides area. Give the CAR KEYS to the woman in parking lot and she’ll give you her FLIP FLOPS.
Head to the right to the Boardwalk Arcade. Standing between the Arcade itself and the Tee Time t-shirt shop is a kid in an orange shirt who is crying and upset. His frisbee is stuck on the roof, right above him. If you try to jump up without anything on your feet, the scorching hot roof will knock you back. It’s a good thing, then, that you have those FLIP FLOPS the woman gave you. Put them on, then jump up on the trash can to the right of the t-shirt shop, then onto the hot roof until you reach the FLYING DISC. Give the FLYING DISC to the upset kid and he’ll tell you a secret: “If you jiggle the handle on the Claw Game, you can get a free game”.
Go left to the Volcano Claw Game that’s inside the Arcade (it has an “out of order” sign on it)
- The Volcano Claw Game - Click on the game, then click on the joystick. Move it back and forth (jiggle it) until the Start button glows. Click the start button, then use the joystick to maneuver the claw over each of the large items (the blue robot, the football, and the yellow unicorn), clicking the Drop button to move them out of the way. Once they’re out of the way, drop the claw onto the green blob to get the FAKE VOMIT.
Run back to the Boardwalk Rides area until you get to the bumper car ride. There’s a long line of people waiting to ride the bumper cars. Use the FAKE VOMIT to clear out the line that’s been forming, then talk to the bumper car attendant to start the bumper car game.
- Bumper Car Game - Keep bumping the red car with Rowley in it to get the LUCKY RABBIT’S FOOT before the time runs out.
With your LUCKY RABBIT’S FOOT, head to the Boardwalk Games area. It’s time to get the JUMBO PRIZE.
Part Two: Winning The Jumbo Prize There are 5 games you need to play (from left to right on the Boardwalk listed below) to win the JUMBO PRIZE. You need one token to play each game. If you run out of tokens, go to the Beach and use the METAL DETECTOR to get more. After you win each game, you’ll get the respective prize for that game.
- Himalayan Hurl - You just need the LUCKY RABBIT’S FOOT in your backpack to win this game, otherwise it’s not possible to win. Simply click on the red hole and marvel at how lucky you are!
- Fastball Fury - In this game you throw three baseballs into a catcher’s mitt by clicking on the ball. After the first two balls are thrown, you’ll be shown their speed. To win you need to correctly guess the speed of the third ball. The trick is to use some object as a marker and always throw (click) when the power bar is at the same spot relative to the marker. I used the wooden shelf, which was roughly 80 mph.
- Circus Soaker - To win this game you have to fill the green balloon with water, by shooting water into the clown’s mouth. The trick is to aim at the small hole in the side of the open clown’s mouth. While it might seem like you’re not getting any water in, the balloon will fill and eventually burst.
- Space Fling - Hold the mouse button down to pick up a ring, then “fling” the ring at the bottle by moving the mouse up and releasing the button. Don’t worry, it’s easier than it sounds. You only need to get one ring on a bottle to win.
- Pirate Panic - This uses the same mechanic as the Space Fling game. Just “fling” the ball by holding down the mouse button, moving it towards the bottles, then letting go of the mouse button. Easy peasy.
If you run out of tokens, remember you can use the METAL DETECTOR on the Beach to find more.
Once you beat the 5th Boardwalk Game, you’re automatically awarded the JUMBO PRIZE.
Part Three: Airlifting the Crab From the Boardwalk Games area, head right to the Beach and click on the Souvenir Keychain Photo guy. He’ll give you the SUNBLOCK. Head right across the beach until you hit the water. The sunburned guy on the beach will trade your SUNBLOCK for OILY SUNTAN LOTION.
Now go left all the way back to the Boardwalk Rides area where the kid with the helicopter is. Trade your JUMBO PRIZE for his REMOTE CONTROLLED HELICOPTER.
Keep going left and enter the Fun House. Rowley has gotten himself stuck inside the slide! Use the OILY SUNTAN LOTION to grease the slide. Rowley will fall into the ball pool and a red-haired kid named Fregley will pop out. His mother will give you his left-over FISH STICKS as a reward for finding him.
Use the FISH STICKS, they will get hung on the end of the HELICOPTER. Go back to the Beach area once again and use the HELICOPTER with the FISH STICKS bait near the crab at the water’s edge. The crab will grab on to the helicopter. Click back on yourself to put it back in your backpack.
Finally, it’s time to take care of those mean Big Kids! Go to the Boardwalk Arcade where the Big Kids are tricking people with the 20 Bucks. Use the HELICOPTER with the crab attached to it to grab the money. Once the crab has the money in its claw, you can click on it. Greg will appear and the two of you will go to the final area: the Under Boardwalk. You’ll chase the Big Kids away and Greg will finally get his money back back. Congratulations! You’ve just earned the Wimpy Boardwalk Island Medallion! BONUS QUEST for Members (Later that day…)The Bonus Quest is to help Greg play the arcade game Thunder Volt. Greg has the high score on the Thunder Volt game, but some hooligans have played a trick on him. The high score reads “Greg” and the second highest score reads “Is An Idiot”. In order to undo the humiliation, you have to beat the second highest score (80,000) on the Thunder Volt game.Thunder Volt is a classic arcade game: hold your mouse down to shoot all of the enemies, without hitting yourself. The more enemies you kill, the more power ups and health boosts you’ll get. (They’ll fall off of the enemies.)Beat the score of 80,000 to complete the Bonus Quest and get all the extra goodies! Characters
- Undetified Game Managers
- Undetified Remote Airplane Boy
- Fregley's Mother
- Undetified Kids In Fun House
- Undetified Bumper Car Boys
- Undetified Scrared Fake Vomit Kid and Teenager
- Undetified Kid and Mom
- "Is An Idiot" guy
- Sunblock Guy
- Annoying Women
- Metal Detector Man
- Undetified Swimming Guys and Girls
- Rowley's parents